Are you wondering what termites actually look like? If you are trying to identify whether or not you have a termite infestation in your home, there are a couple of things to consider. Home or business owners typically confuse termites with ants, so knowing the key differences is important for identifying whether you are dealing with a termite problem.
Termites VS. Ants:
- Termites have thick waits, whereas ants have thin waists
- Termites have straight antennas whereas ants have bent antennas
- Termites have short legs, whereas ants have noticeably longer legs
- Termites have wings of equal lengths, whereas ants have wings that are longer in the front than in the back
Our team of termite exterminators at McCauley Services have years of combined experience, and can thoroughly provide you with a professional termite inspection before treating termites in your home or business.
The main types of termites include the following:
- Subterranean Termites
- Formosan Termites
- Dampwood Termites
- Drywood Termites
- Conehead Termites
If you think that you have termites in your commercial or residential space, our team of termite control exterminators can help. Contact us today to learn more about our termite exterminating services!
Termites feed on cellulose from wood, leaves, soil, and dung, so most properties provide exactly what they need. And, while termites themselves don’t pose any real danger to you, they can cause a massive amount of damage to your property, so you will want to do whatever you can to keep them away.
To prevent termites, you should:
- Ditch the mulch and use pine needles instead
- Keep any piles of wood at least 20 feet away from your home or business
- Repair leaky pipes right away
- Remove leave debris, dead foliage, and rotting wood from your yard
- Properly ventilate your crawlspace
- Trim any tree branches that extend all the way to your home or business
- Schedule regular termite control
The best way to prevent an infestation on your property is to bring in a team of experts who can apply professional-grade treatment to keep termites away.
Give us a call at (888) 733-9229 to learn more about how we can serve you.
Less than 3% of pest control companies in the U.S. have been awarded the prestigious QualityPro Certification. This certification is given to those who go above and beyond to adhere to the highest standards in professionalism and results in the pest control industry. These companies do whatever it takes to exceed the expectations of their customers and deliver the best possible service.
“Everything was great. The guy that was last there went above and beyond what I’m used to. Thanks again.”