Rat & Mice Control in Arkansas
Rodents Are No Match for McCauley Services!
At McCauley Services, our top priority is protecting what matters most to you. When rats and mice take over your property, you can count on our experts to deliver the swift, reliable service you deserve. Backed by nearly 40 years of service experience, you can count on us to quickly locate and eliminate the source of the infestation, so you can go back to enjoying a pest-free property.
For professional rat and mice control in Arkansas, call (888) 733-9229 or contact us online.
What Is the Difference between a Rat & a Mouse?
Because rats and mice are so similar, it can be difficult to tell them apart. All rodents have similar features such as incisor teeth, long tails, and short legs, but there are a few things that you can look for to determine whether you are dealing with a rat or mice infestation.
Some of the key differences between rats and mice include:
- Size: Mice are generally much smaller than rats. On average, mice weigh 0.5 – 1.5 ounces while rats weigh 5.3 – 10.5 ounces. In addition, mice are an average of 1 – 7 inches in length while rats are between 6 inches and over 1 foot in length.
- Behavior: While both rats and mice are nocturnal, rats are much more cautious. Mice are very curious in nature, which means you are more likely to spot a mouse.
- Breeding: Mice typically reach sexual maturity earlier than rats and produce larger litters at a higher frequency. A mouse can have as many as 128 babies in a year while a rat will only have as many as 60.
- Physical characteristics: Mice typically have small bodies, long tails covered in hairs, and large ears while rats have large bodies, short tails without hair, and small ears.
Are Rats & Mice Dangerous?
Because they can cause a lot of damage to a property and seriously impair the health of anyone exposed to them, it is safe to say that rats and mice are quite dangerous. First, rats and mice are known to chew through floorboards, walls, and furniture in order to make pathways and gather materials for nests. In addition, they also commonly gnaw on exposed wires, which can trigger a fire.
Rats and mice are also known to carry and transmit over 35 different types of diseases, which can be spread to humans who come into contact with dead rodents or rodent urine, saliva, or droppings. Diseases that can be transmitted by rats and mice include hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, the plague, tularemia, and more.
Can I Treat a Rat or Mice Infestation Myself?
Because rats and mice are so dangerous, you should really leave the extermination process to the professionals. Over-the-counter sprays, traps, and poisons are often ineffective and can seriously harm your family and pets when used incorrectly.
When you turn to McCauley Services for rat and mice control in Arkansas, you can count on our team to provide swift, effective service. Our QualityPro-certified specialists only use EPA-approved products that are designed to target rodents while keeping you, your loved ones, and your pets perfectly safe.
- Rodent Control
- Termite Control
- Mosquito Control
- Ant Control
- Flea Control
- Cockroach Control
- Wildlife Control
- Bed Bug Control
We offer a wide range of pest control services. Explore our services page to learn more!All Services
Explore Our ServicesPests We Eliminate
Sign Up for a Home or Business Protection Program Today!
Pest control is not a one-time service. To ensure your home is completely protected, our team has specially designed home protection plans that provide you with year-round, season-based pest treatments.
Below are our home protection plans:
- Silver Service: Protects your home against general pests within a 50-foot perimeter around your home. This quarterly service does not include termites.
- Gold Service: Protects your home against general pests, mosquitoes, and ticks within a 50-foot perimeter around your home. This monthly service does not include termites.
- Platinum Service: Protects your home against general pests and termites within a 100-foot perimeter around your home. This is a quarterly service.
- Platinum Plus Service: Protects your home against general pests, mosquitoes, ticks, and termites within a 100-foot perimeter around your home. This is a monthly service.
Our team also offers commercial pest protection plans tailored to the needs of your business.
Say goodbye to pests with McCauley Services on your side. Call (888) 733-9229 to speak with our Arkansas rat and mice control experts.
Less than 3% of pest control companies in the U.S. have been awarded the prestigious QualityPro Certification. This certification is given to those who go above and beyond to adhere to the highest standards in professionalism and results in the pest control industry. These companies do whatever it takes to exceed the expectations of their customers and deliver the best possible service.
“Our service tech made sure to ask if we were having any evidence of bugs, insects, etc.”