August 15, 2012
In recent news, a mother who lost her son to an infection from a spider bite has spoken out. Her son was at the Job Corps facility in Little Rock when he was bitten by a spider and died a few days later from an infection resulting from the bite. This is not the only case of dangerous spider bites at this particular facility either. His mother hopes that there will be more spider control put into place to help prevent future spider bites. A few others were hospitalized and although not fatal, the spiders in this particular facility prove to be dangerous.
Click here to see the full news story.
Arkansas is home to some of the more dangerous spiders such as the black widow and the brown recluse. And although these spiders are not aggressive by nature, their bites can cause serious reactions including skin infections which may require immediate medical attention. Spiders will generally only bite when they feel threatened or if they are disturbed. More times than not a bite is merely the reaction to an accidental crossing of spider and human paths.
In any case, since some spiders have a venomous bite, it is important that if your home or business is seeing spiders on a regular basis that you call in the Arkansas pest control professionals. For residents and businesses in Little Rock, Hot Springs, Conway, or surrounding areas of Arkansas, if you are threatened by the presence of spiders then please contact McCauley Services. In business since 1981, we offer home pest control and commercial pest control services in Arkansas that are designed to protect what matters most!